Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Why Young Living?


When I first got seriously interested in taking control of mine and my family's health with essential oils, I was very confused and conflicted about which essential oil company to buy from. My primary concerns were that they be both effective and safe to use for myself and my baby. So far, I had heard about Young Living, but not much. So, I decided to do some research. The two companies I was really split between were DoTerra and Young Living. Truth be told, I had heard WAY more about DoTerra and their marketing and design is pretty on point. But I learned in my research that DoTerra was actually formed by executives that left Young Living, meaning they learned what they know from there. And the founder of Young Living, Gary Young, learned from and trained with experts in the field of essential oils in France and Germany where the oils are in fact used for medicinal purposes. Gary Young and the company he established with his very own farms and distillation are truly world leaders in essential oils considering how he pioneered their use in the US. They are marketed as "Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade" but that is only a trademark, not regulated, and those claims are made by every essential oil producer.

But what really convinced me to jump in with Young Living was the fact that they are committed to top notch quality and purity. And it isn't just some marketing ploy when they claim 100% pure, therapeutic grade. They are the ONLY essential oil company to own their own farms and make sure that all weed control is done by hand and all pest control is done using their own essential oils. How amazing is that?! This was one of the main selling points for me. They are beyond organic and they test each batch of oil with state of the art in house testing called Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry and 3rd party testing.

Now you might be thinking, is it really so significant if other companies adulterate their oils with synthetics and use lower quality distillations? YES, it is. One of the primary reasons that people turn to essential oils is because they are tired of the serious side effects, risks, and expense of being dependent on chemical and synthetic products. Adulterated or lower quality essential oils do not have the healing power and complex therapeutic chemical structure of true therapeutic grade essential oils. "Adulteration of essential oils will become more and more common as the supply of top-quality essential oils dwindles and demand continues to increase ... Adulterated oils that are mixed with synthetic extenders can be very detrimental, causing rashes, burns, and skin irritations" (Essential Oils Pocket Reference, 25). Certain pure, "hot" oils such as Oregano and Peppermint may also cause skin irritation if not diluted properly in a carrier oil, but their health benefits when pure are undeniable.

I was determined to only use the best on my baby and my family. So, Young Living was the natural choice. They have the most experience - 20+ years - and the largest selection of essential oils and blends on the market! I also love the pricing and design of their Premium Starter Kits. The 5ml bottles are perfect for discovering what you love, like, and maybe aren't all that crazy about (though they're all so useful you can not help but love them) at an affordable price.

The reason I started sharing essential oils is because I saw amazing results that can't be beat. I would never recommend something I didn't wholeheartedly believe in or anything but the very best, especially for children. This whole journey with essential oils has been so eye opening and empowering and I love helping others discover the miraculous benefits of these oils for everyday healthy living and wellness. So email me at rach.dorian@gmail.com to learn more! 


*Disclaimer: This post is NOT intended as medical advice of any kind because I am not a doctor. These product(s) have not been tested or evaluated by the FDA and so they are not intended to cure, treat, or prevent disease. They only help your body to heal itself. Any conditions mentioned above are things that myself and other people have experienced alleviation of when using essential oils and everyone can react differently. Caution should be exercised with first time oil use - skin patch tests prior to use and dilution with carrier oil - especially in children. Children, especially under the age of 6, should never ingest essential oils without advice of a healthcare professional since they are concentrated and potent. If you are under the care of a physician, nursing, taking prescription medication, or pregnant please consult your doctor prior to use. Keep essential oils out of reach of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment